- Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula,” which translated from Spanish, means “The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of the river of Porziuncola.”
- LA has numerous unusual laws that are still in use, including: animals being banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship, it is illegal to cry on the witness stand, toads may not be licked and zoot suits are prohibited.
- It has the largest number of women-owned businesses in the nation.
- Helmut Newton was in LA with his wife of 55 years, June, when he lost control of his car when leaving the Chateau Marmont hotel. The Newtons had spent winters in LA for the last quarter-century, living at the hotel.
- There are sixty-five people in LA who have the legal name Jesus Christ.
Los Angeles trivia? We’re in.
The Berkshire Residence in Dallas, Texas, USA; designed by Morrison Seifert Murphy
I’m writing my essay on cyber-bullying right now
and there was this article that said “anon hate hurts us because when we read it, we don’t hear the attacker’s voice, we hear our own”
and that’s a really good observation.